These software updates apply to any of the following boards:
- Relay Driver
- Feedback Module
- MultiPanel Processor
- Servo Controller (12 channel) – must be version 1.8e or later!
New nice to have features have been added and minor tweaks to the internals of the driver boards made.
The software update is optional and not required.
If you order the update, please return the appropriate board to us quoting your order number on the address label. This will ensure a rapid return. Update details below.
Under specific conditions (read rare) its possible for a channel to provide a false positive signal. This fix is available from 09-SEP-2019 and will automatically be applied to all Feedback Modules shipped after this date.
We’ve improved the operation of the feedback module by filtering the input to prevent panel lamp flickering if you have dirty track or intermittent pick ups. The output will average and then latch the state for up to 600 ms.
A scheduler has also been added to the network transmission improving the reliability of the network on busy systems with lots of activity. Data is transmitted according to priority.
Input invert option
The feedback module can now have all of its input logic inverted so off becomes on and vice versa.
The logic is inverted by holding the DOWN button during power on. You’ll observe an 8 second fast flashing on the LED to confirm it has been set. Holding the UP button will remove the logic inversion and is confirmed by a slow flash on the LED for 8 seconds.
We’ve added an output scheduler for network traffic. On busy systems with multiple MultiPanels all sharing cooperative layout control and active feedback this will ensure timely and more robust data transmission.
MultiPanels can now share any channels on the same button without conflict rather than just channels within the same byte range.
Servo Controller 12-Channel
Network address selectable without pop-on switch
The Servo Controller (12 channel version) can have its network address changed by pressing and holding either the HIGH or LOW buttons while in slave mode. This makes address selection consistent across all driver boards (Relay, Servo 4R, Solenoid, Kato/Stall) and removes the requirement for setting the first four switch positions using either a pop-on switch or custom wiring. The old method still works and is supported, however we hope you’ll find the new method easier to remember and use.
No servo cycle in slave mode
The servo cycle has been removed from network mode. This means that the servo position is remembered and immediately set when powering up the unit rather then cycling through its set range as part of the power up self testing. This means all servo positions are automatically saved after 5 seconds of servo controller inactivity.
This update is optional and offers the following changes:
- Semaphore motion now smoothly transitions between end points if switches are toggled during the movement.
- Switch inputs may be inverted to suit your layout needs.
- Relay support for servo controllers has been dropped as relays are better served by the lower cost dedicated relay driver.
- Servo pulses are automatically disabled approximately half a second after the final position has been reached. If you have a ticking or buzzing servo this should quieten it. Analogue servos will appear as though the motor has been powered off. Digital servos will continue to hold their position but in a quieter manner as digital servos regenerate the last known pulse internally (that’s what makes them digital servos).
By default pulses are disabled with the signal line held high, however they may be toggled between the following states: a) Held High, b) Continuously On, and c) Held Low.
Please see the Servo Controller User Guide revision 27 for details on changing the modes.
Update available for hardware servo controller boards 1.8c and later.
If you desire this software upgrade please follow this procedure:
- Order the upgrade via the website Link above.
- Return your current board to us via post.
- Quote your order number and include your return address inside the packaging.
- The upgrade is available via the website only.
Please do not hand deliver boards at exhibition, we lack the facilities manage in person returns.
All updated controllers will be reset to factory conditions.
Store last position
The relay positions are now stored across power cycles. This means the relays will immediately return to their last position as soon as power has been applied rather than wait for a control signal from its controlling device. This change is consistent with the Servo Controller (12 channel) change discussed above.